Whether you’re new to Shopify or an experienced store owner, it’s always helpful to find tools that make running your day-to-day business easier.
If you haven’t visited Shopify’s App Store (which is pretty awesome, by the way) recently, here’s a rundown of some apps you may want to check out. Since the needs of Shopify businesses vary so widely, we thought it’d be helpful to give you a listing of some current top-reviewed apps by category.
Accounting App: Sufio
Want to look more professional in the eyes of your clients and impress your tax accountant? Sufio creates nice looking, automatic invoices for your online store.
- Automatically sends invoices and receipts for every order.
- Allows you to sell on new markets. Invoices are compliant with legislation worldwide.
- Captures VAT numbers from businesses and sets them as VAT exempt.
- Price: $9 – $49/mo.
- Free trial: 14 days
- Integrations: BigCommerce, Soundest, Spently, Kit, Coin
Customer Service App: Facebook Chat
Don’t be a stranger! Leverage the power of Facebook to live chat with customers via Facebook Messenger to build relationships, offer support, and boost sales.
- Enables chat with customers by Facebook accounts, right on your store.
- View customers’ profiles, get closer to and engage with them to increase sales.
- Support customers anywhere, anytime, even on your mobile phone.
- Easy to use; no coding required.
- Price: Free
- Integrations:Also available on WordPress, BigCommerce and LightSpeed
Inventory App: Oberlo
Oberlo helps find & sell dropshipped products in minutes. Automating your product and order management allows you the time and freedom to grow your business.
- Easily imports products from AliExpress.com directly into your store.
- Ship orders directly to your customers in just a few clicks.
- Know that your inventory and prices are always up to date.
- Price: Free
- Website features free information on dropshipping
Marketing App: Privy
Don’t let your customers get away once they’ve found you. Use the power of pop-ups to build relationships and drive revenue.
- Rapidly grow your email list with high converting pop-ups and offers with bulk coupon codes.
- No coding required! Choose from existing templates or easy-to-use drag & drop to create and instantly publish marketing campaigns.
- Target and reclaim abandoned carts easily with special offers.
- Price: $0 – $199/mo.
- Required: Privy account
- Integration with all email marketing platforms, including MailChimp, Bronto, Klaviyo, Soundest, Adroll, Zapier and more.
Sales App: Printful
Easy, on-demand, online printing, fulfillment and shipping — with no minimums! See your brand come to life on a wide variety of products.
- No upfront costs – no need to stock inventory, buy equipment, or pay monthly fees.
- No manual orders – easily integrate your store and have all orders automatically fulfilled.
- Extra perks – access to designers, photographers, white label service, and hundreds of product choices.
- Price: Free; custom pricing by product
- Required: Printful account
- Integrations: BigCommerce, Woo Commerce, ShipStation, and many others
Shipping App: ShipStation
Import, manage, and ship your orders, even from your phone. Save countless hours by automating nearly every task associated with ecommerce fulfillment.
- Best USPS Rates at all plan levels + includes a free USPS-enabled account + Web-based w/ free iOS & Android app.
- Aggregate orders from your selling channels + Automate order processing with a simple but powerful rules engine.
- Create hundreds of labels at a time for USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post, and others.
- Price: $9 – $145/mo.
- Free trial: 30 days
- Integrations: Extensive! Please check out Inkblot’s ShipStation/LeadCommerce connector if you want to pair a robust inventory tracking system with your shipping.
Social Media App: Snapppt
The eye buys — let customers shop from your Instagram feed. Embed your entire shoppable Instagram feed into any web page and never miss a selling opportunity.
- Increase sales by making your Instagram feed instantly shoppable.
- Embed shoppable Instagram galleries & carousels into your store.
- Plug & play with Shopify – easy and fast to set up and use.
- Price: Free
- Requirements: Snapppt account; Instagram
Tools App: Quick Announcement Bar
Always keep your customers informed about updates, promotions and special events with auto-display banners. Include a CTA button and drive sales even faster.
- Create as many banners as you want; the App automatically schedules them and selects the right one to display.
- Fully responsive and customizable, optimized for desktop, tablets, and phones.
- No App branding added on the bar to make your site look unprofessional, unlimited number of impressions.
- Price: Free
Didn’t see your favorite app listed here? Would you add or subtract one or more? We’d love to connect with you on our Twitter page. If this list has inspired you to visit Shopify’s App Store and you did not find an app that provided the functionality you need, learn more about Inkblot Digital’s custom development solutions or contact us. We love to help ecommerce stores be freaking awesome.